WHAT IS SMILE HYPNOBIRTHING
Smile Hypnobirthing is a unique approach of Hypnobirthing. The significant difference between Smile Hypnobirthing and other Hypnobirthing courses is that it includes techniques which consciously improve the “act and art of smiling” during your pregnancy and birth.
A pregnant woman who makes it her aim to smile more in her life paves the way for an easy, empowering and pain-free birth. What’s more, she also affects the development of her baby. The way a future mum is feeling and reacting during pregnancy and birth affects her baby’s life forever. Studies suggest that smiling, forced or not, has positive effects on our mood, decreases our stress levels and makes people around us feel better. If this is true, which it is, imagine then what smiling can do for your baby, namely a being who is totally connected and nurtured by your body, thoughts and emotions.
Smile Hypnobirthing is so unique and beneficial for you and your baby that the results from practicing it daily last for a lifetime.
Smiling, is a basic human expression and action. We all possess it and indeed since our life in the womb and it can literally change our lives.
In more detail, studies prove that:
- Smile lowers stress and anxiety. Wouldn’t you like a pregnancy and birth free of stress?
- Smile is contagious. Can you imagine how it affects your own baby since it can affect the strangers around you?
- Smile induces the production of endorphins and serotonin in our body. Endorphins are the natural and strongest pain-reliefs of our body. Serotonin is the best natural anti-depressant. It is the hormone that actually causes the feeling of euphoria! Serotonin plays a significant role in regulating sleep, body temperature, pain and mood; even appetite and self-esteem! Can you suspect how important a good sleep and mood are during pregnancy or how important natural analgesia is during birth?
- Smile strengthens our immune system. Can you guess who else’s immune system is affected during pregnancy?
- Smile can make us feel more comfortable in unfamiliar/awkward situations. Would you consider birth an awkward situation?
Studies state much more. But we care more about what YOU say. The first thing someone would say is probably that: “Of course I want the benefits of smile. But can I regulate smile? Smile is an involuntary action and it happens when it happens…When I feel down I can only see smile as a stupid invention of human imagination!’
However, the truth is that you can actually learn how to increase smiling in your life and enjoy the benefits. We are here to teach you!
Just remember, studies suggest that you can FAKE it until you MAKE it. Studies show that even a fake smile can change not only our mood but also our brain response to a given situation because of the production of dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that induces the feelings of pleasure. It also improves energy, focus, mood, libido, confidence and happiness.
So, yes! Smile can be tough until it becomes our second nature!